The Ozark Conference Creed and Sportsmanship Standards will provide the foundation of appropriate and positive behavior for which Camdenton Middle School will strive to obtain. These were developed through the collaboration of many people. Please read the following creed and standards, model those behaviors, and encourage and teach our young people to do the same. We value what athletics offers our students, and with our support and leadership, along with academic excellence, athletics can help them become productive and successful citizens. Go Lakers!
The Ozark Conference is proud of the behavior and sportsmanship displayed by its players, coaches, and spectators who...
- value healthy rivalry, encourage spirited and fair play and appreciate positive support.
- represent themselves, their team, and their school with pride and poise.
- treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- are modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
The primary purpose of Ozark Conference Interscholastic Athletics is to promote the
physical, mental, moral, and emotional well-being and development of all involved through the medium of contests.
Ozark Conference players, coaches, and spectators will...
- regard game officials as fair, accept their decisions as final and treat officials with respect.
- respect the property of our school and other schools.
- cheer for their team.
- treat the opponent’s coaches, players, and spectators with respect.
- show appreciation of good play by both teams.
- accept the decisions and judgments of the coaches.
- wear t-shirts/clothing that displays positive language.
- remain off the playing field/court before, during, and after events.
- be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- maintain an atmosphere of good sportsmanship at all times.
Ozark Conference players, coaches, and spectators will refrain from...
- actions that will offend embarrass or intimidate any individual athlete.
- actions that will call attention to yourself.
- taunts, chants, noises, cheers, jeers, songs, profanity or motions directed at the opposing team, coach, or school.
- using noisemakers
- throwing objects.
- displaying signs of any type other than official school banners.
Failure to comply with Ozark Conference Sportsmanship Standards
may result in your removal from the site of competition and may result in further disciplinary actions.